Saturday, November 7, 2009

Little Late

Well, I'm a little late on this one but it was fun nonetheless. I always loved carving pumpkins. We did it as kids and it was always something my dad was in charge of....being an artist and all, our pumpkins were always brilliant!! I have a lot to live up too.
Last year it was smiley face or scary face. This year it was a tiger or cheetah for Trey. I opted for the cartoon-ish, sorta tiger-ish face.
Breanne wanted a butterfly or Mittens the cat (from the movie Bolt) All my attempts at a Mittens type cartoonish sorta cat looked just like Treys tiger. Soooo to the Internet I went and to the printer I printed a blown up copy of one!Just by looking at this photo can you tell who my neat freak with a spoon and my I love gettin' dirty kids are?Every year the kids pick out the tiny cute pumpkins in the patch and as much as I try to talk them out of it they become too attached to the small ones and I cave every time! Unfortunately when Arlan saw the size of them he turned red in the forehead meaning.. How the heck am I going to carve those things, Dana!! So out came the power tools.



I was worth the hassle don't you think???? Well, I like them. Arlan doesn't want to talk about it till next October!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely...the pumpkins & the kids!