Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Hobby

I have been on a sewing frenzy the last 4 days. I honestly don't know how to sew but Arlan's grandma has her machine at our house and all the instruction books. So, I decided to take up a new challenge and try it out. Here's what I made. First I bought a shirt at Goodwill and turned it into this cute blue dress.
Then I bought some fabric on clearance and made this cute little pillowcase dress (that's what the instructions called it)

My biggest challenge, although it doesn't look that complicated was a curtain/roman shade for my bathroom. I love it and I'm so proud of myself for taking on this project and having it turn out pretty good.





4 comments:

Angela Stoltzfus said...

WOW! i am very impressed! although not suprised. you are quite creative & good w/ your hands! i LOVE the pillow case dress!

The lady of the house... said...

sheesh, none of this "basic square pillow" stuff for Mrs. Beiler!!! THAT IS AWESOME, i know roman shades and they aren't easy to construct! way to go girl. nice seeing you the other day, even just from one car to another!! happy weekend! Thomas is in town.....STAY AWAY FROM STRASBURG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Gingrich said...

Hey Dana! Could you send me the name of the book that had these great ideas/patterns?? I am a sewing dunce and yet sew stuff all the time and am always looking for ways to turn old into new and usable. Blessings to you and your family!

Shar said...

My mother in law just got me a new machine for my birthday and I have NO CLUE how to use it so maybe you can come and give me some lessons! You do amaze me with the things you come up with...Hope you are having a great weekend...and potty training is going well. Been thinking of you so much! :)