Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vacations Over!

Reality hits pretty hard the day after vacation. It's back to the regular grind. No more sipping coffee slowly while the morning creeps by. No more laying in the sun under an umbrella with a good book in my hands, no more boardwalk fries, or ice cream or donuts!! Uhhh, I'm feeling bloated all of a sudden.. Anyhoooo.... Now we must....
Mow lawn.

Arlan taught Trey how to drive the mower this summer and what a scary spectator sport this has become. I cringe with every tight turn he makes. But he does it by golly, he does it and without a single scratch.Checking his rows like daddy taught him. Next step.......the corn fields.

Then there's the eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. The kids are getting better at actually "working" this year. But don't get me wrong...every once and a while I'll walk in on Trey taking the equipment apart with his handy dandy screwdriver and Bre walking on the conveyor belt like its my treadmill.

But the cracked eggs must be caught.

And flats must be stacked!

We also got a haircut this summer.. Look closely, can you see it?????

It's a Mohawk!! Inspired by his cousin Grey! Trey and Grey so much alike!!

1 comment:

The lady of the house... said...

oh my goodness! Jake would be so proud! (I don't think I'll show him this post, he might get ideas)!!
That's so great how he lets Trey go for it...."how else will they learn?" I can hear my Mom saying!
I miss seeing you and hope this Fall/Winter includes some time catching up!