Thursday, February 19, 2009

Belated Birthdays

Well, I almost forgot to post some Birthday photos. When December arrives I get so caught up with the 11 or so Birthdays that are happening that when it's all over my brain goes in to "crash mode". Anyway, I've rebooted my system and I'm ready to go.
Breanne was 3 years old this past December and she insisted on having a "princess" party (must to my dismay. As many of you know I'm not much of a "pink", "girlie", princess type of person but she begged so I caved)
I broke out my icing tips and purple and pink dyes and created this castle cake for the Birthday princess and her 7 cousin knights and 1 cousin dutchess.
She loved her princess slippers from Grandma Stoner and her favorite gift was a pink Care Bear. She asked Santa for that bear a few days before her birthday and was a little confused when it showed up for her Birthday with a card stating, From: Lydia

This was the year for Pinatas. Both kids were totally intrigued by this paper object that you could hit over and over again with a baseball bat. Who knew!!

The 6 weeks later Trey had his 5th Birthday party and he wanted a firetruck theme. (Thank goodness because I'm running out of train cake ideas)

His favorite gift was handmade H & O scale train cars that his Grandpa Stoner made for his new train table and tracks.

He also picked out his pinata. That shark has nothing to do with firetrucks but he insisted that this was the pinata for his party. And boy was that thing hard to break. My 10 year old nephew finally had to beat it several times on the floor just to crack a seam.

Time just doesn't slow down does it. Every year with Bre and Trey gets better and better. We love you both so much!!

No comments: