Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm In Love With A Singer

A Singer sewing machine that is. This machine is soooo much fun. It's, by far, my favorite past time right now. (Next to watching my kids race around the driveway on their bikes. I love that too!! Takes me back.....)
Anyway, I've been sewing up a storm. Yesturday I made an apron from a tutorial on the internet and it turned out CUTE!! (at least from my point of view.) It was way easy!!
I went to my local amish fabric store and was amazed at the awesome, vintage and retro designs they had. Kudos to those cute old amish ladies. The lady that cut these for me said. Ohhh, pink fabrics...my favorite. That brought a smile to Bre's face (she LOVES pink)

Then I whipped up this little number!

A nice feature....no butt bow!! No butt accentuation. (Although I guess that picture kind puts mine out there doesn't it)

But my all time favorite part of the apron?????

It's REVERSIBLE!!! Do you love it or what!!!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dana,
they are absolutely adorable. love them. and like you said, they would make great christmas gifts! (i'll be expecting one.) ha ha!
seriously though, that is amazing. i love it.

The lady of the house... said...

OH. MY. WORD. MUST. HAVE. ONE.

you're inspring me...although i don't know if i'll do anything with my new inspiration.........

you are AMAZING! if i saw that in the store, i would pay $$ for it! make a few more and go show them to Lulu and Tutz...I'm serious! they are unique, flattering, efficient and cute, (it's hard to find an apron w/ ALL those qualities...trust me, i would know!!!)

wyofaith said...

Absolutly cute! And I love the reversible option! But what amazes me most is your incredibly shiny floors. You're an amazing woman!

Amanda said...

cute cute cute! You're turning out to be quite the crafty woman.

Anonymous said...

Your in love with a singer too! Wow i just can't keep myself away from that machine. and fabric stores well they know me by name! i just cross my fingers everyday hoping the boys rip a hole or loose a button so later i can mend mend mend : )
okay seriously i think its awesome that you can sew and enjoy it at the same time! and i do like your choice of fabric colors and i liked breanne's dresses as well.
: ) uncle Lisa