Friday, March 14, 2008

Artfuls

I must say that it's awesome watching my kids be "creative". They definitely got some of their grandpa Stoner genes because they love doing any sort of art project. Especially Trey. He can sit for hours doing activities especially playdoo, painting or cutting paper and making puzzles. Breanne also enjoys the arts but I think her favorite part is the big mess she can make in the process of making a masterpiece.

As you can see her choice medium is fingers and toes; if she can get them up there.


I find my kids are also extremely creative with their pretend play too. They would gladly give up their toys for ordinary, everyday items like my dryer. Trey talked Breanne into crawling into the dryer to play a secret space capsule mission. They begged for me to turn it "on"!
But there is always a "dark" side to the artful mind and my kids just discovered one the other day.

Coloring on the walls. When I saw the mess I asked who did it (because when I rounded the corner I heard crayons scatter around the floor and two kids run to the other side of the room) I actually didn't need to even ask who did it because each artists gifted style shown through. Treys marks are in black because they were all choo-choo tracks. Breannes were in orange because they were all circles (which is all she draws right now)
So I pulled out my old time favorite creative "correction" and sat them both on a time out chair facing the canvas for the entire 30 minutes it took me to scrub that sucker clean.
What a price you pay for a shady piece of art!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my dear lands dana. speechless.
i'd love to have been a fly on the wall and have seen your & their reaction to it all. oh my lands!

mr. clean magic eraser is all i have to say.

: )

Amanda said...

Well, you can say that they definitely have some of mom's artistic side. They were just helping you decorate the new renovations.

Angela Stoltzfus said...

my o my o my! quite a creative post i must say... i probably would've cut straight to the "look what they did to my walls" part, but you graciously portrayed their more organized art work first! =) i'm just wondering how you got that all off?

The lady of the house... said...

is this contagious? Tyler took the liberty to show his artistic side last night as well. His partner in crime was trying to eat the evidence....these are the days!!!!!!!!!!! good clean up plan I must say.