Saturday, February 16, 2008

Birthday #4




Trey had his forth birthday party last weekend and guess what kind of "theme" party he wanted. Anyone.....have a guess? Hmmm, a train party but this year it had to be a black engine party.

I found the perfect cake mold and it looked rather easy until 2am in the morning when my fingers were cramped from adding all that icing to the 3-D train. He LOVED it nonetheless.


He got a big boy bike from us for a gift and he looks so grown up sitting there. Breanne actually stole it and sat on it for a long time afterwards. I think she wants to be "grown up" too.





My parents got Trey his first "REAL" HO scale, black steam engine train and tracks for his birthday. He was so excited he was speechless! He just sat there in total awe saying, 'this is all mine? Just Trey's?' It seems like his lifelong hobby has started at a young age.

3 comments:

Angela Stoltzfus said...

i can't believe he is already 4 yrs. old! I remember sitting in your parents living room for your baby shower...& it doesn't feel like it was very long ago.

the cake looks AMAZING! but i shouldn't be suprised-coming from you! =))
Happy Birthday Trey!

Anonymous said...

it feels just like yesterday for me, when arlan called our house and shared the good news, that you had a healthy baby boy. i remember getting pictures and being amazed at his big, HUGE, eyes! and now his growing up so quickly.

beautiful cake. you're such a martha stewart.

happy birthday trey. love you little guy!

Joanna said...

I haven't checked in here for awhile. Wow, your last post blows me away!!! Those beams...I'm speechless. What did Grandma say, I wonder? Can't wait to stop in sometime & see the final product. I've said it before, I'll say it again: y'all are doing an awesome job bringing out the true beautiful character of that old homeplace. I'm so thrilled!
Tell Trey that Wade & Kendric said "Happy Birthday!" We've got to see you guys again soon, or they won't know each other at all! ~Joanna