Monday, September 10, 2007

Flower Power




Lately I've been finding Breanne roaming over to my flower beds for an afternoon of "picking and plucking".
She would pluck a bunch and smash them in her hand so as not to lose any of them. She steps right up to me with a smile and hands me the remains of a beautiful white flower and says, 'Thank You!'
Touched by the fact that this is the very first gift that Bre has actually handed over to me I run in and fill a glass with water, dump the crumbled buds and stems in and watch them float around thinking, "how precious, she must love me!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kept waiting for another update......it's about time! can't believe how quickly bre is growing up. she seems like such a big girl to me, i remember holding her in the hospital and looking at her tiny fingers & toes and now she's this full grown girl! ready to rough & tumble with the best of them!

Shar said...

Feels like I haven't seen her for such a long time! Thought I would let you know that I've joined the blog family. Hope you are well...let's plan a time to get together. Any time for the pond yet?