Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Horror!


Arlan and I threw a little birthday party for Grey & Lydia (our neice and nephew on the Beiler side) since Lydia's mommy was on bedrest and Darlene was vacationing here in PA and didn't need the stress of organizing. All went as planned...........

Now, those of you who know me well know that I can be a bit of a "freak" about germs, and dirt and messiness. So when all 10 of the birthday kids decided to go out back and play I seemingly forgot about the gigantic dirt pile left from our landscaping project. And believe it or not our dainty, precious little daughter Breanne got the, "hands down", dirtiest!! I just sat out back with my mouth hanging open trying to figure out how to get her cleaned off without leaving a trail of dust and dirt the whole way to the bathroom. In the end about 7 of the 10 kids took baths at our house before the left they were that dirty




This dress never got totally clean!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seeing the pictures now, instead of just hearing the story from you....wow, what a mess. what memories for them though...i try to remember that the "neat freak" in me can be put aside for a little pure (or in your case....dirty) fun! : )

Sarah Gingrich said...

what your a neat freak. I never knew that lol. that dirt pile looks like a lot of fun. we have both our kids bdays this week so that will be fun. -Dustin

Joanna said...

At least it wasn't mud....but I'm not sure which is worse in the long run! It's neat that you took pictures, though...often I just freak out about the mess & rush right into cleanup, then later wish I would've taken the time to record their fun.
Can't believe how big Grey is getting; wish that we could've been there for the party!

wyofaith said...

I love how there is a slight haze of dust in the air in the pics of B.
Also gotta love that diaper.