Sunday, July 29, 2007

These are the Days!


The Beilers and the neighbor amish family built a pond out past our steer pasture several years ago and our kids just love swimming in it during the hot summer days. It's nice because Arlan will take his lunch break out there too and play with them while he cools off.


Some times I think I'm such a homebody. The kids and I don't go out very often and I feel that I'm not giving my kids a full range of experiences. But as I leaf through my pictures I realize what a blessing I have just living on the farm. It's amazing all the things they see and experience right here in their own backyard.
This morning we woke up to find our cow had a baby calf. The kids just loved watching this calf wobble around looking for it's mommy. Breanne and Trey are seeing more and learning more then I realize.






4 comments:

Sarah Gingrich said...

Hey Guys,
Man great to see some of your life. My kids would love to swim in you pond right about now. They love swimming but the problem is it is very cold at this time. Hey Blessings to you as you continue your work with your kids and also in your marriage. Tell Arlen I said hello.-Dustin (using sarah's blog)

Anonymous said...

the kiddos are so cute. we need to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana-
Keep those kiddos on the farm! I found your blog through Kara's.... I know what you mean about not getting out much or offering a wide range of experiences, but IMO, you(and hopefully me too) are offering our kids what they need most; the rare oppurtunity these days JUST TO BE KIDS!!!!!

Joanna said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! It's SO HOT here right now & the boys want to go swimming so badly. We don't even have a wading pool...their Grandma bought them one but she lives in OH and hasn't gotten it here yet. They're "making do" with a metal washtub. :-) We were hoping to camp out at the pond this month, but it's looking like we'll have to cancel those plans...makes me so sad. Splash for us!