Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Country Ties

One of my CWAM (Cowboys With A Mission) gal friends and former staffer wrote about a favorite blog of hers and as I checked it out I found myself being sucked in to reading it for hours. It brought back so many memories of my "cowgirl" days. (now I know all you Wyomians are shaking your heads saying....'you're NOT a cowgirl Dana' but to the easterners here they'd never know the difference. I did own and wear wranglers, ropers and a Stetson for a period of time. Brief as it may have been.) One of the posts about the "Hay Monster" took me back to the days of bucking hay with Jason and Vangie and the 1999 DTS. Unfortunately I fell off the top stack of the hay cart and got banged up pretty bad so I was demoted to driving the truck. I'll have to dig up old photos for a future post.


There is a big part of me (thank goodness because I have become a full time farmers wife) that really thrives and feels comfy and homey in the country and working hard! This blog by Ree and her life as a ranchers wife is such a hoot and beautifully done. You'll have to check it out!


http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Faith got me hooked on Ree. I really like her blog as well, and some of her recipes are really good. I don't know how she does all she does and have four kids and homeschool.

Anonymous said...

I read it too! Have for over a year now. It's a blog my husband even enjoys reading over my shoulder from time to time!

~Rhonda

Jena said...

love that blog too!

The lady of the house... said...

i'm now hooked...thanks!
she's HILARIOUS!

Tyler said the other day, "I want to go to that house where I can sit on the train table"...took me a bit and we had to talk about a few other things, but it turns out, it's YOUR house!! :-)

Miss seeing you and hoping we can start our bookclub up again this fall/winter.

Anonymous said...

I've loved Ree's blog for a year or two, especially her recipes. Titus enjoys reading sometimes, too, and the boys love all the horse & dog pictures. Amazes me when she holds a contest and gets 16,000+ entries! I can't imagine blogging to an readership of that size!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name...sorry...
Joanna :)